Saturday, May 1, 2010

Of shattered Pink Rose tinted glasses.... N More....

I was told by someone Seemingly more wise in the ways of the world and all else... that If I don't know how to do something, I shouldn't be doing it. Well Hold up for a minute will ya? Without sounding disrespectful, I'm wondering if most of the world thinks so too. Looking at it from the work point of view, I know I'd hate to take on a task that I know nothin about, I'd rather do it with supervision. Same goes for work that I delegate.. I wouldn't want to delegate to someone that i am not sure can accomplish the task at hand.. but should i write that person off? or should I find ways to get them up to speed? and of course the responsibility goes two ways- He/she must be a willing and able learner... So there.. But how plausible is it to apply the rules on the job to life at large?
Should I hang my boots and tell myself (as perhaps I have for the last half a decade) that because I don't know, I shouldn't bother trying? Well how is one to learn then? Should I be content content just watching other people doing everything as wonderfully as they can, without allowing myself a chance to learn something too?
What somehow isn't justifiable is that Just because someone has all the right answers and perhaps I don't have several of the answers right, does that make me any less of an individual to be respected? Does that mean that I should deprive myself of the very basic right of learning through every step in life? Or should i as they say, learn from others' experiences rather than have any of my own and make opinions and pathways of my own?

I'm beginning to see more clearly how so much of life is truly in the choices we make. Perhaps it's the coming of age, perhaps it's in the loosening of shackles or perhaps it's simply that the Pink rose tinted glasses couldn't hold up any more.... And braveness comes not in plenty, but in every little step you take.. Which is why I'm coming around to the next segment which is... how much people tend to give away their wings so to speak and let someone else make every decision in their lives big or small.... And it's almost always because the scales are tilted most times... As much as these people have a grip on your lives, it's also because you let them.... oh the convenience of it all is almost appalling. Sometimes, U see yourself bending over backwards to accommodate someone...sometimes it's because you bond over commonalities that only a few can understand. Sometimes it's because you don't want to make someone else go through some torrid times that you did. But the line must be drawn and that's what we forget.. Or perhaps that's what we must all learn... and just because not yet knowing how to draw the line can be a problem, it doesn't mean we shouldn't keep trying..... cuz babe last time I checked this was MY life and I should be allowed to learn through my experiences rather than be persecuted for not learning from YOURS.

This post is sort of like a triple entree' of sorts because I'm going to end this one with something that I love writing the most: I think you'll find this one a little more relate-able than ever before.


Dark, tall shadows danced their dance,
Somewhere whimpers prayed for a glance.
Raven flew across her zone,
Cage for company, accident prone.
Misguided, begrudged, she fought her way,
Torrents sweeping, kept reality at bay.
The cage rebellious, has a mind of it's own,
How does poor raven come into her own?
Nearby, little trees had grown,
fed by nothing, still in dear Raven's zone...
Cage doing what it always does best,
blaming poor Raven for not passing the test.
Tired, she walked on,
realizing truth was what she stumbled upon.

3 comments:

  1. Life is indeed truly about the choices we make. Some, we do willingly...but many are thrust upon us by circumstances. The world, of course, will always have an opinion of it's own...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, world will have an opinion, primary mistake-makers will have their opinion, but i agree that dlbossom or for that matter anyone whom we care about should be given the chance to live Life without being given prescriptions and proscriptions about it, rather be left to understand the bitterness/sweetness of the Medicine of Life on their own.Its very healing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. no one can stop you, unless you allow it. And that's the secret.

    ReplyDelete